Seafood Stuffed Eggplant
- Two medium eggplants
- ½ cup onion, chopped
- ½ cup celery, chopped
- Two cloves garlic, minced
- Two scallions (green tops only)
- ½ loaf French bread (toasted or day old)
- ½ pound crab meat
- 1 pound shrimp peeled and deveined
- 4 Tbsp butter
- Two eggs
- Three sprigs parsley
- ¼ cup breadcrumbs
1. Cut each eggplant into two equal parts, boil for about ten minutes or until tender. Remove center and set shells aside. Chop center part of eggplant. Melt butter. Sauté onion, celery, and garlic in butter.
2. Add eggplant pulp. Beat eggs, break French bread into pieces and
let soak. When the bread is thoroughly soaked, add shrimp, crab-meat, scallions, and parsley.
3. Mix all remaining ingredients, stuff shells, sprinkle with breadcrumbs. Bake at 375 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until done. Makes four servings.