Cajun Roasted Chicken
- One roasting chicken (7 to 8lbs)
- 3 Tbsp butter melted
- 1 Tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 Creole Seasoning
- 1 Tbsp dried Cajun seasoning
- 1 lb potatoes, cut into 1” pieces
- One onion, cut into eight wedges
- Two green peppers (cut into thick wedges)
- One clove garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp chopped cilantro
1. Preheat oven to 350F. In a small saucepan, over high heat, heat pan for 3 minutes. Add in butter until melted. Remove from heat immediately. Combine butter, cayenne pepper, Creole and Cajun seasoning. Next cut potatoes into 1-inch pieces, and set aside for later use.
2. Chop onion, and green peppers into wedges and set aside. Now chop garlic and cilantro. In a large bowl, toss potatoes, peppers, onion, and garlic with two tablespoons of butter mixture until coated. Transfer chicken into a large roasting pan, and brush with remaining butter mixture.
3. Arrange vegetables around chicken. Next roast chicken until thickest part, which is the breast, is soft, and liquid runs clear. Let stand for ten minutes before carving. Sprinkle chicken and vegetables with chopped cilantro sprigs and Chile peppers.
Makes six servings.