Grilled Tofu Veggie Stir Fry
- 2 Cups extra firm tofu, cut into ¼ inch strips
- ½ cup pineapple juice
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ¼ Tsp Thyme
- 1 Tsp Chili sauce
- 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp shredded fresh peeled ginger
- 1 cup halved fresh Shitake or Portobello mushrooms
- ½ cup thinly shredded leeks, white part only
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- ½ cup snap peas
- ½ cup bean sprouts
1. Cut tofu into one-fourth inch strips. Next mix together pineapple juice, soy sauce, thyme and chili sauce. Marinate tofu in pineapple mixture for thirty minutes to an hour, and place in refrigerator. Next, remove tofu from the fridge and remove from marinade reserving liquid.
2. Now spray an iron cast skillet or grill with cooking spray. Grill tofu for seven minutes each side turning once. Meanwhile heat oil in wok, or skillet over medium-high heat. Add shredded ginger; cooked, stirring, until fragrant, about thirty seconds. Add mushrooms, leeks, carrots, broccoli, snap peas and reserved liquid.
3. Reduce heat to medium; cook, stirring, until vegetables are crisp; tender and heat through, about one minute. Add in bean sprouts, and cook for two to three more minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Remove tofu from grill and place atop stir-fry.
Makes 4 servings