Salsa Verde Scallops
- ¼ cup finely chopped fresh basil
- ¼ cup finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp capers, drained and minced
- 1 Tbsp finely chopped shallots
- 1 Tsp Dijon mustard
- ½ Tsp finely grated lemon zest
- ¼ Tsp anchovy paste
- ¼ Tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 Tsp sugar
- One ¼ lb large sea scallops
- 4 Tsp vegetable oil
- ¼ Tsp black pepper
- ¼ Tsp salt
- ¼ Tsp Sugar
- ½ lbs asparagus, trimmed and cooked
1. To prepare Salsa Verde to combine basil and next nine ingredients (basil through sugar) in a small bowl; set aside. Pat scallops very drily. Heat 2 teaspoons vegetable oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
2. Season scallops lightly with black pepper, salt and a pinch of sugar. When the pan is heated, add half the scallops and cook, 2 minutes more, until just opaque in the center.
3. Transfer to a plate, and cover lightly with foil. Repeat with remaining oil and scallops. Transfer to plates and serve with salsa Verde and asparagus spears.
Makes 4 servings.