Apple Broccoli Soup
- 4 cups chicken broth
- One bunch broccoli, stalk peeled
- One medium onion, chopped
- One apple, peeled and chopped
- 3 Tbsp butter or margarine
- Sour Cream or Yogurt
1. Remove broccoli from the package, and peel, and cut stems from broccoli. Next chop onion, apple, and garlic. Set aside for later use. In a medium saucepan, over medium heat, bring chicken broth to a boil; add broccoli and cook about thirty minutes, until tender. Meanwhile, sauté onion and apple in butter or margarine until onion is transparent.
2. In a blender or food processor container, with a steel blade attached, process broccoli (reserve some broccoli as garnish), chicken broth, apple, and onion, a few cups at a time, until smooth. To serve, garnish with reserved broccoli, and a dollop of sour cream or yogurt.
Makes 7 servings.