- One medium onion, chopped
- 2 Tbsp butter or margarine
- 5 to 6 medium carrots, sliced about ¼ inch thick
- ½ Tsp salt
- ¼ Tsp white pepper
- ¼ Tsp cinnamon
- ¼ Tsp ground ginger
- 3 cups chicken broth, or vegetable broth
- ½ cup whipping cream
- ¼ cup dry sherry
- Chopped parsley for garnish
1. Chop onion, parsley, and slice carrots for later use. Place butter in a saucepan. Next, sauté onion in butter in a 2-quart saucepan until soft but not browned. Mix in carrots, salt, cinnamon, ginger, pepper, and broth.
2. Bring mixture to a heated boil. Reduce heat to medium. Cover, and simmer until carrots are tender about 20 minutes. Remove mixture from heat. Next place mixture into a blender. Be sure to whirl mixture in a blender, about half at a time, until smooth.
3. Return to cooking pan. Add cream. Reheat to serving temperature. Taste; add salt if needed. Stir in sherry. Serve steaming hot. If desired to, sprinkle each bowl with chopped parsley.
Makes five servings.