Pistachio Crusted Salmon
- 1 cup fresh cherries (Remove cherries stems and pits)
- ¾ cup roasted, salted shelled Pistachios, finely crushed
- 2 Tbsp fresh mint, coarsely chopped
- 1 ½ lbs Wild Sockeye Salmon Fillets skin removed
- ½ Tsp Kosher salt
- ¼ Tsp pepper
- 2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup Cherry Preserves (Containing no high fructose corn syrup)
1.Crush pistachios. Season salmon with salt and pepper; coat both sides with pistachios, pressing with fingertips to evenly coat (wash hands). Preheat large nonstick pan, and sauté pan on medium 2-3 minutes. Place oil in a pan, then add salmon; cook 1-2 minutes on each side or until lightly browned.
2.Remove salmon from pan. Reduce heat to low. Combine balsamic vinegar, preserves, and cherries; add to pan. Simmer and stir 5-6 minutes or until mixture has reduced about one-half. Return salmon to pan and cook 2-3 minutes or until salmon is 145 degrees F. Garnish with mint if desired.
Makes 3 to 4 servings.