Pasta with Zucchini
- 1 cup casarecce, ziti, farfalle, or bowtie pasta
- 2 Tbsp garlic flavored olive oil
- 1 cup thinly sliced scallions
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1lb zucchini, peeled if desired, finely diced
- ¼ cup dry white wine
- small bunch parsley, freshly chopped
- 3 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese, more for sprinkling
- 2 Tsp unsalted butter
1. Bring a medium stockpot of salted water half way filled to a heated boil. Add in pasta; cook according to package directions or until al la dente. Meanwhile chop scallions, garlic, zucchini, and parsley set aside. In a medium skillet on medium heat, add oil and scallions cook stirring one minute. Add in garlic, and cook for another minute. Add diced zucchini; cook five minutes, stirring occasionally.
2. Add wine, letting it become bubbly, followed by two tablespoon of chopped parsley and salt to taste. Lower heat, and cover with lid. Cook for five minutes, or until zucchini is tender. Before draining pasta, remove and reserve a cup full of cooking water.
3. Return drained pasta back to pot, stir in zucchini, three tablespoon Parmesan and quarter cup cooking water. Adjust seasoning by adding salt, pepper, and or cooking liquid, stir in butter, and most of the remaining parsley. Serve immediately. Sprinkle and top with remaining parsley and more Parmesan for garnish if desired.
Makes 3 to 4 servings.