- 2 Tbsp butter or margarine
- One medium yellow onion, finely chopped
- Two carrots, peeled and diced
- Two stalks celery, diced
- 8 cups vegetable broth
- Two medium-sized potatoes, diced
- 1 cup string beans cut into small pieces
- Three medium tomatoes, chopped
- ¼ Tsp black pepper
- 2 Tbsp finely chopped parsley
1.Heat butter or margarine in a medium stockpot. Next chop onion, carrots, celery, potatoes, string beans, and tomatoes. Now add onion, carrots, and celery into the stockpot. Sautee over low heat for ten minutes.
2.Next, add in vegetable broth and potatoes; simmer for ten minutes, then add beans. Simmer for five minutes, and then add tomatoes and pepper. Cook over low heat for another ten minutes. Garnish with parsley just before serving. Makes eight servings.