Italian Sausage And White Beans
- 2 ½ lbs sweet Italian Sausage links
- 4 cups cherry tomatoes
- One large onion, cut into 1-½ chunks
- Four large garlic cloves, sliced
- 3 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 ½ Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tsp. dried thyme
- Three bay leaves
- ½ Tsp. Salt
- ¼ Tsp. black pepper
- 5 cups white beans, cooked undrained
1. Adjust oven rack to lowest position. Preheat oven to 425 F. Remove sausages from package, and set aside. Next chop onion, and garlic cloves. Now place vegetables, into a medium-sized bowl. Now mix sausage links, tomatoes, onion, garlic, oil, vinegar, thyme, bay leaves, salt, and pepper in large heavy roasting pan.
2. Roast until sausages are brown and tomatoes have reduced to a thick sauce, about forty-five to fifty minutes. Remove casserole from oven; stir in beans and continue to cook until casserole has heated through about 15 minutes. Makes eight servings.