Braised Turkey Thighs
- 1 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1 cup carrots, finely chopped
- ½ cup DAMI’S FAMOUS BBQ sauce
- 1-¼ Tsp. salt
- ½ Tsp. paprika
- ¼ Tsp. pepper
- 4 lbs. turkey thighs
- 2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour, divided
- One oven bag (20-inch x 14-inch)
- ½ cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 1 Tsp. dried oregano
- Two bay leaves
- ¼ cup cold water
1. Chop onion, celery, and carrots. In a bowl, combine the onion, celery, carrots, DAMI’S FAMOUS BBQ sauce, salt, paprika, and pepper. Pat the onion mixture onto turkey thighs. Place one-tablespoon flour in oven bag; shake to coat. Transfer turkey thighs to oven bag. Place in a 13-in x 9-inch baking dish. Combine the broth, wine or oregano and bay leaves. Pour into bag; seal. Cut two slits into the top of the bag; seal.
2. Bake at 350 for 1-½ hours or until the meat thermometer reads 180 and turkey juices run clear. Remove turkey from the oven, and place onto a serving platter; keep warm. Pour pan juices into a small saucepan; Skim fat and discard bay leaves. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered.
3. For five minutes or until mixture is reduced to 1-¾ cups. Place remaining flour in a bowl. Stir in cold water until smooth. Stir into saucepan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for two minutes or until thickened. Remove skin and bones from turkey; cut turkey into slices. Serve gravy with turkey. Makes eight servings.