- 1 ½ cups long grain rice, uncooked
- ½ cup, onion
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 Tbsp garlic, minced
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 2 cups reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup coconut water
- ¼ Tsp black pepper
- ¼ Tsp allspice
- ½ cup coconut flakes
1. Heat a medium sized stockpot over high heat. Meanwhile chop onion, and garlic and set aside. Next add in vegetable oil to stockpot. Add in onion, garlic, and sauté onion and garlic for 3 to 5 minutes.
2. Now add in coconut milk, water, and chicken broth to stockpot, black pepper, and allspice. Bring mixture to a heated boil. Measure rice and add to coconut and broth mixture. Bring to another heated boil, and reduce heat to medium heat. Simmer for 20 minutes.
3. Remove from heat and let cool. Transfer rice to serving platter, and top wit coconut flakes. Makes 6 servings.
TIP-When cooking rice makes sure you use a fork to keep your rice fluffy.