Cherry BBQ Chicken
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 Tbsp chipotle pepper
- 1 Tsp Creole seasoning
- 1 Tbsp Italian seasoning
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 cups fresh or frozen dark sweet cherries, pitted
- 1 bottle Dami's Famous BBQ Sauce
1. Remove chicken breasts, from package and rinse. Pat chicken breasts with a paper towel dry, and place into a large bowl. In a medium bowl, place olive oil, pepper, Creole seasoning, Italian seasoning, and vinegar. Be sure to mix well. Pour mixture over chicken breasts, and let marinate for 4 hours or overnight.
2. Preheat grill for medium high heat, and lightly oil grate. Allow grill to heat for 10 minutes. Meanwhile chop cherries, and place into a bowl. Now remove chicken breasts from refrigerator, and discard of marinade. Next place chicken breasts onto grill. Grill chicken breasts for 10 to 15 minutes on each side turning once.
3. While chicken breasts are grilling, add vegetable oil to a medium sized saucepan over high heat. Add in cherries and sauté for 5 minutes. Next add in 1 bottle of Dami's Famous BBQ Sauce. Cook for 20 minutes medium to low heat. Once chicken is finished, remove from grill, and add to serving platter. Slather chicken breasts, with cherry bbq sauce.
Makes 4 servings