Cheesy Chicken And Corn Casserole
- 1 lb chicken breast
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp chipotle pepper
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- ½ cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp garlic, minced
- 3 ½ cups of kernel corn
- 1 (8 ounce) package corn muffin mix
- 4 Tbsp butter, melted
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease a casserole dish, and set aside. Remove chicken from package and rinse thoroughly. Now pat chicken dry with paper towels, and set aside. Season chicken with salt, pepper, and chili powder set aside.
2. Heat a medium skillet over high heat adding in vegetable oil. Place chicken breasts into skillet reducing heat to medium. Cook chicken breasts for 5 minutes on each side turning once. Remove chicken from skillet, and let cool. Next chop onion, and garlic and set aside. Once chicken is cooled, place onto a cutting board, and cut in ¼ inch thick pieces.
3. In a large mixing bowl, mix together onion, garlic, corn, muffin mix, sour cream, and 1 cup of cheese, chicken and melted butter. Place mixture into greased casserole dish. Sprinkle remaining cheese on top. Bake for 45 minutes.
Makes 6 to 8 servings