- 1 lb. ground beef
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 4 potatoes
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 2 Tsp garlic, minced (divided)
- ½ sour cream
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (divided)
- ½ cup onion, finely chopped
- 4 cups frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 1 cup beef broth
- 2Tbsp tomato paste
- 1 Tbsp Italian seasoning
1. Preheat oven to 375 F. Grease a casserole dish and set aside. Fill a medium size stockpot, with water and place onto stove over high heat. Peel, and cut potatoes into halves and place into stockpot. Bring potatoes to a heated boil, and cook for 30 minutes. Meanwhile chop onion, and garlic, and set aside.
2. Next heat a skillet over high heat adding olive oil. Add in onion, and sauté for 3 to 4 minutes. Now add in 1 Tbsp of garlic, and cook for 1 minute. Add in ground beef, and cook until browned. Next add in tomato paste, and beef broth. Next add in mixed vegetables, and Italian seasoning bringing to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and simmer for 10 minutes.
3. Remove potatoes from stove and let cool. Once potatoes’ have cooled, mash with a potato masher. Now add in salt, black pepper, remaining garlic, and sour cream. Mix well and set aside. Place the meat mixture, into casserole dish. Top with mashed potatoes. Be sure to smooth the mashed potatoes’ out with a spatula.
Makes 6 servings