- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 ¼ cup almonds (divided), toasted and finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp cane sugar
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- 3 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 ¾ cup sweetened condensed milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 Tsp almond extract
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup whipping cream
1. Preheat oven to 325 F. Combine graham cracker crumbs, ½ cup of almonds, sugar and butter; press firmly into a 9-inch spring form pan. In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Next beat in condensed milk, until mixture is smooth. Now add in eggs, almond extract mixing well.
2. Pour mixture into prepared 9inch pan. Bake at 325 F for 60 minutes. Meanwhile for the almond topping, heat a small saucepan over high heat, combine brown sugar and whipping.
3. Reduce heat to medium. Simmer for 5 minutes, and remove from heat. Next sir in remaining almonds, and set aside for later use. Now remove cheesecake from oven and let cool completely. Once cheesecake is cooled spoon sauce over cheesecake.
Makes 8 slices