Stir Fried Chicory
- 1 Tbsp vegetable or peanut oil
- 1 Tbsp garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp fresh ginger, grated
- ¼ cup onion, chopped
- ¼ cup red, yellow or green bell pepper
- ¼ cup mushrooms, chopped
- One bunch chicory
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 Tsp Lime juice
1. Chop, garlic, and place into a medium-sized bowl. Next, peel ginger, and grate one tablespoon, placing into the same bowl with garlic. Now heat a wok over high heat, and add in oil. Heat wok, for 3 minutes or until hot. Meanwhile, chop onion, bell pepper, mushrooms, and set aside.
2. After the wok is heated, add in garlic, and ginger. Stir-fry for 25 seconds. Reduce heat to medium, and add in onion, bell pepper, and mushrooms. Stir-fry for 4 minutes. Meanwhile, chop chicory, and place into the wok. Stir-fry for 1 minute. Remove from heat, and serve as a side dish or on top of steamed rice. Makes 3 to 4 servings.