Butternut Squash Soup
- 2 Tbsp butter or olive oil
- 1 small onion
- 2 shallots, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ¼ cup celery, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, chopped
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, cubed
- 1 medium butternut squash, peeled, seeded, and cubed
- 4 ½ cups chicken stock
- ½ Tsp sea salt
- ¼ Tsp ground black pepper
1. Chop onion, celery, and carrots and place in a large bowl. Now mince shallots, garlic, and place into the large bowl as well. Next peel potatoes, and butternut squash, and set aside. Melt butter in a medium-sized stockpot. Add in onion, shallots, garlic, celery, carrots, sweet potatoes, and butternut squash.
2. Cook mixture for 5 minutes until lightly browned. Next pour chicken stock, into the stockpot with enough to cover mixture, and bring to a heated boil. Reduce heat to
medium low, and simmer for 40 to 45 minutes until all vegetables are tender.
3.Remove soup from heat, and transfer soup to a blender. Puree soup in batches until the
consistency is smooth. Return to stockpot, and add in salt and pepper to taste.
Makes 4 servings