- Three medium red beets stems trimmed
- ¼ Cup red wine vinegar
- ¼ Cup apple cider vinegar
- ½ Cup vegetable or olive oil
- ½ Tsp salt (divided)
- ¼ Tsp cayenne pepper
1. Wash beets. Next place beets into a large stockpot, and cover with cold water. Bring to a heated boil, adding ¼ Tsp salt. Cook beets, for 30 minutes, or until beets are tender. Once beets have finished cooking, drain, and cool.
2. Trim ends, and then peel beets using a vegetable peeler. Cut beets crosswise into thick slices. Arrange beets, on a plate, or large platter. In a small bowl, mix red wine vinegar, apple cider vinegar, remaining salt, and pepper. Add in oil. Mix all ingredients, and pour over beets.
Makes 4 servings