- 1 ½ eggplant, peeled and thinly
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 Cups Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- 3 Cups spaghetti sauce, divided
- 1 Tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 Tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 ½ Cups mozzarella cheese, divided
- ¼ Cup pecorino cheese, grated
- ¼ Cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- ¼ cup olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Peel, and cut eggplant into slices. In a small bowl, beat egg, and set aside. Place breadcrumbs into a bowl and set aside. In a 9x13 inch-baking dish, pour spaghetti sauce to cover the bottom of pan.
2. Next dip each eggplant slice into the egg, then into breadcrumbs, and place over sauce. Sprinkle with mozzarella, Parmesan, and pecorino cheeses. Repeat layering of eggplant and cheese. Sprinkle Italian seasoning on top of eggplant. Next drizzle olive oil over eggplant. Bake for 35 minutes. Makes 5 servings.