Philly Cheese Steak Sandwich
- 2 hoagie rolls, split (Good quality)
- 4 Tbsp butter
- ½ onion, thinly sliced (optional)
- ½ green pepper, thinly sliced (optional)
- ¼ cup mushrooms, thinly sliced (optional)
- 1 lb flat iron steak, sliced thinly
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ Tsp black pepper
- 4 slices Provolone cheese
- Aluminum Foil
1. Preheat oven to 275 F. Now slice onions very thinly. Next heat a large skillet with 1 tablespoon of butter over medium high heat. Add onions, and cook for 5 minutes or until onions are translucent. Now season steak with salt, and black pepper. Add steak to skillet and cook for 4 minutes.
2. Make sure to chop steak with a cleaver knife in skillet. Divide steak and onion mixture into each side of the skillet. Cover each steak mixture with 2 slices of provolone cheese and let melt for 2 minutes. While cheese is being melted, cut each hoagie roll, into halves.
3. Tear two pieces of foil placing a 1 hoagie onto each piece of foil. Now remove steak from heat, and with a spatula transfer each half of meat mixture to inside of the split hoagie. Wrap tightly with aluminum foil, place in oven on baking sheet. Bake for 12 minutes.