Bacon Stuffed Mushrooms
- 4 slices bacon, cooked, crumbled,
- 2 Tbsp bacon drippings
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- 1 clove, garlic, finely chopped
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- ¼ cup chicken broth
- 1 cup herb seasoned stuffing mix
- 18 to 24 large fresh mushroom caps
- Melted margarine or butter
- Pimiento strips
1. Preheat oven to 350 F. In a small skillet, add bacon drippings cooking onion and garlic in reserved bacon until tender. In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients except mushrooms, melted margarine and pimiento.
2. Brush mushrooms with margarine; fill with stuffing mixture, mounding slightly. Garnish with pimiento. Place in a shallow baking dish; bake 10 to 12 minutes. Refrigerate leftovers.
Makes 18 to 24 appetizers