Sausage and Vegetable Rigatoni
- 1 small zucchini, sliced
- 1 small yellow squash, sliced
- 2 plum tomatoes, sliced
- 1 Tbsp fresh basil, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup Mild Italian Sausage or Chicken Apple Sausage (2-3links), thawed
- 1 cup rigatoni pasta
- 1 cup diced yellow onions
- 2 Tbsp olive oil, divided in half
- 1 Tsp vegetable seasoning
- 1½ cups Tomato Sauce
- 2 Tbsp Grated Parmesan Cheese
1. Bring water to a boil. Once water is at a heated boil, add in pasta, and cook according to package directions. Drain and set aside. Slice zucchini, squash and cut tomatoes into 1-inch pieces. Chop basil and set aside.
2. Cut sausage into small bite-size pieces (wash hands). Combine zucchini, squash, onions, 1 Tbsp olive oil, and vegetable seasoning; set aside. Preheat large saute pan on medium-high 2-3 minutes. Place remaining 1 tablespoon oil in pan, then add sausage; cook and stir 4-5 minutes or until no pink remains. Remove Sausage from pan.
3. Add vegetable mixture to same pan; cook and stir 3-4 minutes or until vegetables begin to soften and brown. Reduce heat to low; stir in tomatoes, pasta, sausage, and pasta sauce, then cover; simmer 1-2 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Sprinkle with basil and cheese.