Grilled Lamb Salad
- 3 cucumbers, peeled
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 6 oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1 Tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1¼ Tsp salt
- 1¼ Tsp paprika
- ¼ Tsp ground cumin
- 1/8 Tsp cayenne pepper
- 1½ lbs boneless leg of lamb, cut into 1” cubes
- 2 Tbsp extra-virgin oil
- 1 heart of romaine lettuce, torn
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup mint leaves
- ½ cup fresh parsley leaves
1. Seed and chop one cucumber; combine with yogurt, sun-dried tomatoes, lemon juice, ½ teaspoon pepper, ¼ teaspoon salt, ¼ teaspoon paprika, cumin and cayenne in blender or food processor; puree. Taste; adjust seasonings. Cover; refrigerate until ready to use.
2. Put lamb cubes in bowl; add oil, remaining 1 teaspoon salt, I teaspoon paprika and ½ teaspoon. Turn; marinate at least 30 minutes or up to several hours. Prepare grill for direct-heat cooking over high heat. Thread lamb onto 8 skewers. When grill is hot, cook skewers, turning several times, until lightly charred, 6-8 minutes for medium-rare.
3. For medium, cook 2-3 minutes more. Remove from heat; let rest briefly. Slice remaining cucumber; in bowl, combine with romaine, cherry tomatoes, mint and parsley. Top with lamb and yogurt dressing.