- 1 lemon
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp. Honey
- 3 stalks celery, thinly sliced
- 1 Granny Smith apple, thinly sliced
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage
- 1 to 1 ½ lb. catfish fillets
- 1/3 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 tsp. chili powder
1. Cut half of lemon in slices or wedges; set aside.
Juice remaining half into large bowl. For slaw, combine mayonnaise and
Honey with juice; reserve 2 tablespoons juice mixture. Stir in celery, apple, and cabbage into juice mixture in bowl; place in the refrigerator.
2. Sprinkle fish with ½ teaspoon salt and brush with reserved juice mixture. In shallow dish combine cornmeal and chili powder; coat fish with mixture.
3. In 12 inch skillet, heat 2 tablespoons oil over medium heat. Cook fish in hot Oil 3 to 4 minutes per side until golden and fish flakes easily with fork. Now remove slaw from the refrigerator and serve catfish with apple celery slaw, and lemons. [not pictured]