Cajun Roast Chicken
- 1 roasting chicken 7-8 pounds
- 3 Tbsp butter melted
- 1 Tbsp dried Cajun seasoning
- 1 lbs red potatoes, cut into 1” pieces
- 1 onion, cut into 8 wedges
- 2 green peppers cut into I” thick wedges
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp chopped cilantro
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Combine butter and seasoning. In a large bowl, toss potatoes, peppers, onion and garlic with two tablespoons of butter mixture until coated. Transfer chicken into a large roasting pan, and brush with remaining butter mixture. Arrange vegetables around chicken.
2. Next roast chicken until thickest part, which is the breast, is soft and liquid runs clear. Let stand for ten minutes before carving. Sprinkle chicken and vegetables with chopped cilantro sprigs and Chile peppers.