- 4 cups fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- ¼ Tsp salt
- ½ cup butter
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup half and half
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 8 Inch Square or round baking pan
1. Preheat oven to 450 F. Slice strawberries and put into a medium sized mixing bowl. Next add sugar to sliced strawberries, mix lightly and set aside. In a large bowl, add in flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Now cut in butter until butter crumbles into mixture. In another small bowl, beat egg, while adding in cream. Next add cream mixture to flour mixture, stir until moistened.
2. Grease an 8 Inch square or round pan with butter or Crisco. Now pour mixture into baking pan. Bake at 450 F for fifteen to twenty minutes or until golden. Remove cake from oven, and remove from pan. Cool on a wire rack for thirty minutes. Just before serving the cake, split the cake in half.
3. Butter the bottom layer; spooning half of strawberries over butter. Replace the second layer and spoon remaining berries on top. Cut into individual servings and top each whipped cream. Serve 6-9.