BBQ Lemon Pepper Chicken
- 3 ½-4 lbs chicken leg quarters
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 1 tbsp garlic, minced
- ½ Tsp onion powder
- ¼ Tsp cayenne pepper
- ½ Tbsp ground mustard
- ½ Tbsp chili powder
- 1 Tbsp liquid smoke
- 2 Tbsp lemon pepper seasoning
- 2-2 ½ cups DAMI’S FAMOUS BBQ SAUCE (reserve at least ½ cup- ¾ cup)
1. Remove chicken from package. Wash chicken with lemon and lime juice, and pat dry with paper towels. Next season chicken with garlic, onion powder, cayenne pepper, ground mustard, chili powder, liquid smoke, and lemon pepper seasoning. Mix well so that seasonings can be evenly distributed.
2. If possible leave chicken to marinate overnight, if not place in refrigerator for at least thirty minutes to one hour. Meanwhile heat a grill to medium heat. Grill for ten to twelve minutes on each side, turning once. Now baste chicken with DAMI’S FAMOUS BBQ SAUCE, and cook for five to seven more minutes. Remove chicken from grill, and place onto a serving platter. Drizzle with remaining sauce.
Get Dami's Famous BBQ Sauce here.