Sweet and Spicy Pork Roast
- ½ cup hot red pepper jelly
- ¼ cup dried apricots, chopped
- ¼ cup chopped red onion
- 3 Tbsp tomato sauce
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tsp dried Italian seasoning
- 1 Tsp allspice
- ¾ Tsp sea salt
- 1 Tsp minced garlic
- ¼ Tsp pepper
- 3 lbs boneless pork loin roast, tied
- 7 cups butternut squash, seeded, cut into chunks
1. Preheat oven to 350 F. In a small pot, combine jelly, apricot, red onion and tomato sauce; over medium-high heat, bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook, stirring occasionally, until thickened, about ten minutes. Let cool; reserve. In small bowl, combine 1 tablespoon oil, ½ teaspoon, Italian seasoning, ½ teaspoon allspice, ½ teaspoon salt, garlic and pepper, rub over pork.
2. Place pork in roasting pan. Roast fifteen minutes. Meanwhile, toss squash with remaining one tablespoon oil, ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning, ½ teaspoon allspice and ¼ teaspoon salt. Place around pork in pan.
3. Roast for forty minutes or until meat thermometer inserted into thickest part of pork registers 145 F and squash is tender, spooning reserved apricot mixture over pork during last 5 minutes of roasting time. Let stand ten minutes before slicing.