Honey Lemon Chicken Cutlets
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄2 Tsp sea salt
- 1⁄2 Tsp black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 Tsp grated ginger
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1 scallion thinly sliced
1. With sharp knife, cut chicken breasts lengthwise through thickest part to make eight cutlets. Place on large piece of plastic wrap and sprinkle with salt a pepper; cover with second sheet of plastic wrap. Gently but firmly pound chicken with smooth side of meat mallet or small, heavy skillet to make fillets an even 1⁄4” thickness. Spread flour on large plate and lightly dredge cutlets, shake off excess flour.
2. Heat three tablespoons oil in large wide skillet until hot enough to sizzle. Add cutlets a few at a time; cook one to two minutes per side or until lightly browned. As cutlets are cooked, transfer to platter and cover with foil to keep warm. Discard oil in skillet cool slightly. Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil, then ginger and ginger and garlic. Heat and stir over medium-low heat just until garlic sizzles.
3. Add lemon juice, broth and honey. Heat, stirring to loosen any browned bits in skillet, three minutes or until mixture boils and thickens. Pour sauce over chicken and sprinkle with walnuts and scallions.