- 1 Tbsp Vegetable oil
- 1 cup carrots, chopped
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 Tsp fresh Basil leaves, chopped
- 1 Tsp fresh oregano, chopped
- 1 Tsp fresh thyme
- ¾ Tsp sea salt
- ¼ Tsp black pepper
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- ¼ lb. turkey sausage (grounded, with castings removed)
- 3 ½ cup tomatoes, diced finely
- ½ cup red wine
- ¼ cup tomato paste
- 8-ounce spaghetti
- ¼ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
1. In a large non-stick skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add carrots, onions, garlic, basil, oregano, thyme, salt and pepper; cook, stirring occasionally, until carrots are tender, eight to ten minutes. Next add in beef, and sausage; cook, stirring occasionally, until browned, ten minutes.
2. Now add in tomatoes, wine, tomato paste, and third cup water. Cover; cook over medium high heat, bringing mixture to boil. Reduce heat to medium; simmer until sauce has thickened slightly, fifteen to twenty minutes.
3. Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package instructions, drain. Toss pasta with sauce. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Garnish with basil.